Academic Position: Assistant Professor
Field of Expertise: Economic Policies and Political Economy
Constantine Manasakis (Economist, MBA, PhD) is:
- Assistant Professor, Department of Political Science, University of Crete
- Research Affiliate, Düsseldorf Institute for Competition Economics, Universität Düsseldorf [http://www.dice.hhu.de]
- Collaborative Researcher, Foundation for Research and Technology-Hellas, Institute of Applied & Computational Mathematics [http://www.iacm.forth.gr]
He has publications in international journals, collective volumes and presentations in international conferences.
He has participated in granted R&D Projects, in the fields of Entrepreneurship; Trade; Tourism; Information Systems.
He currently participates in the following:
Office hours: Tuesday 15.30 – 17.30, Wednesday 11.30 – 14.30
1)Ph.D. in Economics from the Department of Economics, University of Crete (2007)
2) Joint Engineering-Economics MBA from the School of Electrical Engineering, National Technical University of Athens (2003)
3) B.A. from the Department of Economics, University of Athens (2000)
1) Industrial Organization: Research and Development & Technology Policy; Mergers and Acquisitions & Competition Policy; Corporate Governance; Corporate Social Responsibility & Regulation
2) Labor Economics: The Economics of Trade Unions & Industrial Relations
3) Corporate Finance: Mergers and Acquisitions
4) Production Economics: Productivity and Efficiency Measurement
5) Environmental Economics: Coastal Management
1) Economic Analysis I – Principles of Microeconomics
2) Economic Analysis II – Principles of Macroeconomics
3) Management Science
4) Readings in Economic Policy and Corporate Management
- Kesavayuth, C. Manasakis and V. Zikos (2015): “Endogenous R&D Networks among Upstream Firms”, Managerial and Decision Economics, forthcoming (DOI: 10.1002/mde.2695).
- Alexandrakis, C. Manasakis and N.A. Kampanis (2015): “Valuating the effects of beach erosion to tourism revenue. A management perspective”, Ocean & Coastal Management, 111, 1-11 (leading article).
- Manasakis, E. Mitrokostas and E. Petrakis (2014): “Strategic Corporate Social Responsibility activities and Corporate Governance in Imperfectly Competitive Markets”, Managerial and Decision Economics, 35 (7), 460-473.
- Manasakis and M. Vlassis (2014): “Downstream Mode of Competition With Upstream Market Power”, Research in Economics, 68 (1), 84-93.
- Manasakis, E. Petrakis and V. Zikos (2014): “Downstream Research Joint Ventures with Upstream Market Power”, Southern Economic Journal, 80 (3), 782-802.
- Manasakis, G. Apostolakis and G. Datseris (2013): “Using Data Envelopment Analysis to Measure Hotel Efficiency in Crete”, International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management, 25 (4), 510-535.
- Manasakis, E. Mitrokostas and E. Petrakis (2013): “Certification of Corporate Social Responsibility Activities in Oligopolistic Markets”, Canadian Journal of Economics, 46 (1), 282-309.
- Manasakis, E. Mitrokostas and E. Petrakis (2010): “Endogenous Managerial Incentive Contracts in a Differentiated Duopoly, with and without Commitment”, Managerial and Decision Economics, 31 (8), 531-543.
- Manasakis and E. Petrakis (2009): “Union Structure and Firms’ Incentives for Cooperative R&D Investments”, Canadian Journal of Economics, 42 (2), 665-693.
- Manasakis (2009): “Shareholder Wealth Effects from Mergers and Acquisitions in the Greek Banking Industry”, International Journal of Banking, Accounting and Finance, 1(3), 242-256.